Defiant is a dynamic, fast-growing, and profitable company with loyal customers who love our products and services. We are the global leader in WordPress security, protecting over 2 million websites. Our WordPress plugin has been downloaded over 90 million times and has received an average rating of 4.8 stars from over 3,000 reviewers on WordPress.org.
Are you excited about working for a technology company that is securing the web? Are you looking for full-time, flexible hours working remotely from your home? If so, this may be your dream job!
- Coordinate logistics for events and conferences that our team attends.
- Support the executive team with administrative responsibilities.
- Manage company swag located in a company-paid storage unit in Redmond, Washington, receiving shipments to a secure location, and packing and shipping out items to conferences, events, and other locations.
- Some travel will be required to help with logistics at some of the bigger conferences.
You’ll work with a team that is friendly, fast-moving, and highly capable with a sense of humor. Our team’s family time is important; we won’t typically require long hours when we can avoid it, which is almost always. Our entire team works remotely using Slack for casual interaction, so you can live practically anywhere in the World if you have an Internet connection. There’s no micromanagement here—we trust that you will see tasks through to completion and communicate with your fellow team members when needed or ask for help when needed.
At Defiant, ‘trust’ is the attribute we value most highly among our team members. We need to know that you can grab a task from a support ticketing system, communicate clearly with our customers, and see the task to completion with superb attention to detail.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task on many projects at once
- Comfortable in a technology environment.
- Able to work productively and independently, taking most direction and requests via written communication.
- Located in the US and able to work core hours of 10am to 1pm Pacific Time, Monday – Friday and be available some weekends if helping at conferences.
- Attentive to details.
- An excellent communicator, both in writing and verbally.
- An outstanding teammate who is highly trustworthy.
- Nimble, able to come up with creative solutions, and mature in your approach to solving challenging problems.
- Strong administrative skills with experience using standard office productivity software and the ability to quickly and independently learn new software as an end user when needed.
- Excellent judgement and work ethic.
- The ability to lift, carry, and organize boxes weighing up to 40 pounds (ie, boxes of swag such as mugs, notebooks, lockpick sets)
A Big Plus If You:
- Have prior experience coordinating event logistics, including travel and schedules.
- Are accustomed to engaging with a team via Slack.
- Fill in the form provided in this application. The hiring team looks at this first. The way you answer our form will determine if your application moves to the next step.
- Participate in interviews via Skype.
Diversity at Defiant
We value diversity and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, economic status, parental status, or any other non-performance-related status.
Note: All contracts and offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background check. The results of the background check are considered as they relate to the position and do not automatically disqualify someone from a contract or employment with the company.
- Platinum level PPO medical insurance plan with dental and vision included. Company pays 100% of the premiums for employees and 50% for dependents.
- 21 days PTO per year plus one additional day per year of service.
- 401k with matching contributions.
- Opportunities to attend security conferences and WordCamps (conferences vary but we have attended RSA, DefCon, BSides, Shmoocon and others).
- Company paid wellness benefit for gym membership or fitness-related equipment.
- Company paid fees and study time provided for work-related educational courses.
- You will receive a new laptop (MacBook Pro or equivalent) and any items needed to create a successful work environment at home.
Please apply online at defiant.workable.com.